Steve has a wonderful enthusiasm for my strange ideas (or at least fakes it well). Today, this supportiveness came in the form of painting our porch ceiling.
Work in progress:
First coat complete:
The grey-blue we used is the same shade as the wall paint in our living room. It also appears on the toe kicks of the porch stairs. Usually traditional blue porch ceilings are done in more of a sky blue, but I wanted to try out this color we were already using in our decor. Eventually the main color of our house will be yellow (instead of the current peach) and I think the final color combination will successfully tread that fine line between fun Victorian and whoever-chose-these-colors-clearly-hates-their-neighbors. We'll see, but I'm optimistic.
Oh, and here's proof that I don't just make Steve do all the work while I goof off:
I am a disastrously messy painter (not in the work that I do, but in the quantity of paint I get on myself in the process), but today was impressive even by my standards. How did I get paint on my back!? Oh, well. That's why I have designated painting clothes.
No comments:
Post a Comment