We returned Sunday night from Thanksgiving with Steve's family in Southern California. So we ended up spending most of Monday evening getting caught up on the usual household drudgery... grocery shopping and the like. We did want to accomplish something around the house, however, so we assembled our latest Ikea acquisitions.
First, Steve installed the rail and hooks he picked out to hang cooking implements above the stove.
Then, work began on a small dresser I selected to house my jewelry and some of my clothes. I was impressed by the number of small parts. While Steve started the assembly, I laid out and organized the pieces. I resisted the urge to straighten and face them all... although I did start to do so before I realized the silliness of such an endeavor, given that Steve was rapidly using the parts in the building process.
That's all I've got for now. I took a "mental health day" and stayed home from work today. I spent the day organizing and continuing the endless unpacking process. I'm really loving our little house, and it's coming along quite nicely.


No comments:
Post a Comment