Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Beard Debate

Okay, so I’m opening this up for people to voice an opinion if they have one, but be warned that I’m likely going to exercise my wifely right to override any commentary and tell him to do what I want him to do.

Steve with Beard:

Steve without Beard:

11 comments:

Arnold said...

I think it adds about 10 years to his youthful looking face so it's really a question about whether you want to be seen in the company of such an older man.

I like the look.

Unknown said...

I love a clean shave. Why is he hiding behind that rough scruff? Sorry bro, but it's my opinion - you look better bare :)

Lisa said...

He has the beard because I like it. I hadn't seen him with a clean shave since he lost all his weight, so I wanted to see what his face looks like now. I'm interested in what people think, although I should mention that currently he's growing it back in for me.

Anonymous said...

I slightly prefer clean shaven, but as an indecisive person unopposed to stubble, I highly recommend the "please only shave every x days/weeks/months" plan. Best of all worlds. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree the beard makes him look older (as it does on most men). Probably not too far off to say he looks 20 without and 30 with. Since it was not a full beard it also gives him a more rugged look. It's up to the two of you. Jessica liked my goatee, but I'm starting to look closer to my age so it is not as needed.

PLove said...

I think the beard works well for him, less goofy. Now if he was going for a profession that goofy young guy works better...

Jenjenbug said...

He looks good both ways, depends on what you both like. I prefer the clean shave on Philip, but that's because it's scratchy.

Mangosweetness said...

I the beard, he looks older. Unless he is working in an office, then he needs to be clean shave. But it is all up to you and what you like kissing you.

Anonymous said...

As the person who will be kissing him, your vote is the only one that really matters. Well, maybe his preference matters a little.

Adeptio said...

I like the short beard... tho it is funny to see him all shiny and clean-shaven!

tFool said...

I really don't care, but I am jealous. I can't get that full of a beard from jaw to sideburn. I do think its funny that he has very little in the soul patch area and nothing from there to just under the chin. He's like me in that regard.